question

Roshaan avatar image
Roshaan asked

Create non-recoverable account and link with recoverable account

Hi, I am building a new game and I don't want users to enter the email address right away. So what I want is a silent login/signup process at the launch of the game for the first time and after users play my game three to four times I want them to enter their email password and link their accounts with the email they entered.

How is that possible?

Account Managementgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Yes, it’s totally possible, you can use PlayFab’s Anonymous login mechanisms to do silent login. When you want the players to enter email, use PlayFab’s login mechanisms to implement it, for your situation, you may want to use LoginWithEmailAddress.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Roshaan avatar image Roshaan commented ·

Alright and using LoginWithEmailAddress will simply link their existing profile with the email? Or is there any special parameter I will have to send with this request?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Roshaan commented ·

Yes, it will link email to their existing profile. And make sure you provide "Email", "Password" and "TitleId" parameter for this request

0 Likes 0 ·
Roshaan avatar image Roshaan Roshaan commented ·

Okay thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

I have implemented the login scenarios but How can I link the email account with the deviceIDLogin I used?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

If you have an account that is using Device ID to login, you may call the client API AddUsernamePassword to add a pair of username/email and password.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.