question

patben8 avatar image
patben8 asked

Is there a way to programatically query the new explorer system?

I need to extract a load of event data that exceeds the data limit size. Is there an alternative way or can I get past the limits somehow?

analytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, you are saying “data limit size”, as far as I am aware, there is no such a limit specified in the doc. Do you actually mean this limit here? In my understanding, the data size returned will be limited since there is a limit on Max query runtime. Anyway, about programmatically query the new Explorer system, I think you may not be able to do it programmatically for now since I don’t see there are any docs talking about it. However, using Event Archive will probably meet your needs, you can use S3 bucket or Event Archive(Azure Version, it's in preview currently) to store all the PlayStream events and use the API provided by them to query them programmatically. If you are a Pro or Enterprise tier, you can contact us to apply for Event Archive(Azure Version).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

patben8 avatar image patben8 commented ·

@Citrus Yan

This is the error I'm getting:

Error 500 - "Query execution has exceeded the allowed limits (80DA0003): Query result set has exceeded the internal data size limit 5242880 (E_QUERY_RESULT_SET_TOO_LARGE

I thought I was possible to programmatically query as seen here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/kusto/api/powershell/powershell
But I'm having huge issues getting Kusto to work on powershell.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan patben8 commented ·

Hi, may I know what issues are you getting? Do you need any help?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.