question

timbola avatar image
timbola asked

Snowflake and client data

I've enabled the Snowflake add-on and now I can properly see that a lot of events are stored in Snowflake. But those are all related to the entity type 'player' (player_device_info, player_logged_in, etc).

Is it also possible to store 'client' related events (client_session_start, client_focus_change) ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, I believe all the raw game data generated by PlayFab are automatically imported into SnowFlake, including client event data. Are you sure that client events are generated but not imported to snowflake? If that’s the case, can you provide your title id and we will investigate it, thanks.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

timbola avatar image timbola commented ·

Yes I know for sure the client events are generated (I can see them in my Playfab dashboard, in Analytics -> Event History).

But when I run this query in Snowflake I get 0 rows :

select * from PLAYFAB_SHARED.PLAYFAB_SHARED.PLAYFAB_ARCHIVE_SHARED where event_name = 'client_session_start' and title_id = '3C51' limit 100

My game id = 3C51

Thanks!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan timbola commented ·

Hi, after a discussion with our team, it turns out that newer “entity” events (as you mentioned, “client_session_start” and “client_focus_change” are one of them) are not included in the SnowFlake export today. You can simply identify the newer “entity” events by checking whether they contain “TItleId” property or not, events with “TitleId” property are legacy events which are exported to SnowFlake automatically. For now, you may not be able to query these new “entity” events in SnowFlake, however, they should be queryable via the Explorer (preview) page and will be available for export later.

1 Like 1 ·
timbola avatar image timbola Citrus Yan commented ·

Okay thanks for the update. My goal is to calculate the total spend time for each user individually. Which can be done with the 'client_focus_change' event. And I want to export it to a spreadsheet or something. What do you recommend for that?

Are the newer events included in the Segment add-on? Or should I use a S3 bucket for that?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan timbola commented ·

Hi, I will discuss it with the team, any updates will let you know:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.