question

Khalid Rasool avatar image
Khalid Rasool asked

GetUserData vs GetPlayerProfile ? why Different

I'm working on playfab. I have created an Title and in title i have some players. But i don't understand if i can get DisplayName, AvatarURL using GetPlayerProfile then why not using GetUserData?

Secondly i have added some data for player1 like age, level, phone and i can access it using GetUserData but why not using GetPlayerProfile ?

Please elaborate this difference between both APIs and let me know if i can access all data using some API or using contraints with one of above mentioned APIs.

Player DataapisTitle Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi Khalid, Player Profile is the data related to the details regarding to a user, usually for purpose of customer support. The data returned by GetPlayerProfile may be Personal Identifying Information(PII) such as Email Address. It’s better not to store these data locally. On the other hand, User Data is the title-specific custom data for the user which is readable and writable by the client, this is the data that you can use to implement some kind of a game logic for your title. Therefore, these are two kinds of data, in order to get them you must make separate API calls.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.