question

Radu Vasile Catalin avatar image
Radu Vasile Catalin asked

Unaable to use playfab extension.

Hey, this is my story. I try to make a game with playfab and photon. I have a playfab account, I logged in, when I installed the sdk from unity extension it did not updated from "Not installed" even if I clicked refresh button. It updated only when I reopened unity. Now when I create a new title I am not able to select my studio from the list, I have my studio there but it did not change at all. It make a green bar up to the top but no visual feedback in studio field, it still show "_OVERRIDE_"

unity3dphoton
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, I can reproduce the issue that the unity extension does not update from “Not installed” to “installed” even if I click the “Refresh” button in Unity (version 2019.2.0f1). However, Unity version 2018.3.14f1 works fine, I don’t need to reopen the project to update the SDK status. I will inform our product team to investigate this. Now, about selecting studios from the list, my extension works fine in Unity(version 2019.2.0f1). Did you mean that when you go to <SETTINGS> -> <PROJECT>, select your studio from the drop-down list, the studio field still shows “_OVERRIDE” instead of showing your studio?

Edited:

I tried it in the latest official release version(2019.2.2f1), it worked fine, maybe there were some bugs in unity and got fixed, you can try to upgrade the unity version to the latest. If you have a business requirement to keep the current Unity version, please let us know.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, can you tell us which version of Unity and which version of the PlayFab extension you're using? And it would be nice if you could offer us specific steps to reproduce this issue.

2 comments
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

BTW, @Radu Vasile Catalin provide us with some screenshots will be helpful.

0 Likes 0 ·
Radu Vasile Catalin avatar image Radu Vasile Catalin commented ·

2019.2.0f1 there is nothing special to show. anyway I made it via browser. the extension did not worked at all and no visual changes appeared when I tried to switch

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.