question

Khalid Rasool avatar image
Khalid Rasool asked

Custom data fields and tables

Greetings, I'm working on a website which will have a WebGl unity game (multiplayer ) integrated. I want to manage players, conduct tournaments for different number of players and then choose some lucky winners on random basis and then schedule rounds for remaining players. I want to store custom data for players like {age, level, matches_played, country, etc etc}. I also want to have a custom table like Tournaments where i can store tournaments data and then apply different queries to fetch different types of tournaments like Active, Completed, Upcoming, with rounds of particular tournaments. Please point me to right direction so i can start my work ASAP.

Thanks in Advance.

Khalid.

Player DataCustom Game ServersPlayer Inventoryscheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

1. store custom data for players like age, level, matches_played, country, etc.

You can use Player data to store the custom data for players. Player data is information that applies to an individual player or player group (shared data) and is stored as Key/Value Pairs (KVPs) by PlayFab. Please check the doc Player data quickstart for more.

2. a custom table like Tournaments where I can store tournaments data and then apply different queries to fetch different types of tournaments like Active, Completed, Upcoming

Playfab doesn't natively support create a custom table that can store and query data. If you don't need to update their states too frequently, you can use Title data to store these states. And implement a query feature by yourself. Title data is represented as Key/Value Pairs (KVPs) too, that can only be associated with a specific title. Please check the doc Title Data quickstart for more.

If you want to use these content features to handle the data, please be aware of their limits. In your selected title, you can navigate to [GameManager]->[Settings]->[Limits] to check them.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Khalid Rasool avatar image Khalid Rasool commented ·

Dear Sarah Zhang, i got the first point and thanks for that. My main focus is to conduct tournaments of my multiplayer game online. Let me explain my scenario to you.

I will have a WebGL based unity multiplayer game embedded on my website. I want to conduct tournament of 25 players. First of all I will simply extract 5 players randomly as Lucky Winners and will award them points. Secondly remaining 20 players will play the tournament. There will be rounds of this tournament scheduled by admin. In first round half players will be eliminated and then again half in second round and so on. In this way i will also decide which round is semi-final and final. Last player standing will be a winner of tournament and that player will be awarded with some points and award. This is the basic scenario of my game. Now i don't understand how can i schedule these tournaments, do perform stuff explained above. Please point me to right direction for this or let me know if PlayFab does not support this kind of scenario. I'm really looking forward to hear from you.

Khali

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Khalid Rasool commented ·

Playfab provides the Leaderboards service. And you can check this doc Tournaments and Leaderboards for the direction of how to use this service to handle your tournament.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.