question

rumerofficial avatar image
rumerofficial asked

How do I achieve game invites through Playfab?

Hey I am currently using GameSparks, But they removed their indie tier, and it is proven to be 9 times more expensive than PlayFab..

So my question is:

My game includes inviting friends.. when inviting a friend, a player calls an event, the cloud code for that event catches that, and sends an invite through GameSparks "Messages system".

The time it take since the click on "Invite player" until the invite pops up on the other player's screen is maybe 100ms - 600ms... It's almost instantly.

How can I achieve that?

I've read about something called PubSub, that will give that option.. will it? is it available?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

As far as I know, PlayFab PubSub can push information real-time between services and clients. It should meet your speed need. However, this feature is still in active development. We currently don't have a test environment. Every customer who in pro and enterprise tire can contact our product team to try it (Private Preview). You can check the doc for more info about it. And follow our blog for the latest updates.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.