question

jesper42@gmail.com avatar image
jesper42@gmail.com asked

Leaderboard update times are very unreliable

Yesterday evening (about 21.00 UTC) it took almost 10 minutes from a statistic was submitted until it got on the leaderboard (*).

Last week it was bad a few days in a row.

But, right now it works fine ... it only takes a few seconds :)

(*) The player's statistic got updated immediately, but the leaderboard only noticed it much much later.

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, according to the feedback from our product team, it is possible for leaderboard updates to lag statistic updates by a noticeable period of time. This is usually caused by overall delays in PlayStream. Such occurrences should be rare and are closely monitored. There have been two incidents where PlayStream was delayed in the last week, but neither were anywhere close to 10 minutes. If you are seeing prolonged, regular periods of time where leaderboard updates are lagging, we'll need to know more specifics, which players, exact time, which statistics, etc.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, can you provide us your title id? We will take a look.

2 comments
10 |1200

jesper42@gmail.com avatar image jesper42@gmail.com commented ·

Sure, it is AA432 ("WHAT THE GOLF!"). Thank you :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan jesper42@gmail.com commented ·

I will ask our product team to take a look, any updates will let you know:)

0 Likes 0 ·
jesper42@gmail.com answered

We've experienced the same problem with all the four leaderboards.

Also note that the game will be released soon.

1 comment
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Hi, have you been able to find or seen reports of repeated long delays in event processing over multiple time periods? If so, please inform us to investigate, if not, I am sure it was a occasional issue which you should not worry about.

0 Likes 0 ·
jesper42@gmail.com answered

We'll get back with more details if we see it happens again :)

1 comment
10 |1200

Alright, I will keep this thread updated:)

0 Likes 0 ·
bodin avatar image
bodin answered

Hi, I just got the same problem today (it's now)
The player statistic is update normally, but the leaderboard is still empty.
Already past 5 minute and still not update.

on Player statistics, it updated immediately.

but on Leaderboard, it's empty.

10 |1200

Robert Baker avatar image
Robert Baker answered

Same issue for us as well today.

2 comments
10 |1200

@Bodin @Robert Baker Hi, there is a partial outrage concerning Statistics and Leaderboards, and the engineering team is fixing it, you can subscribe to updates here: https://status.playfab.com/. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen Citrus Yan commented ·

This Leaderboard delay issue has been resolved now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Fausto Bernardini avatar image
Fausto Bernardini answered

I observed a similar delay on June 4, between 10:30am and noon Eastern Time. The UpdatePlayerStatistics call was successful, but the leaderboard did not reflect the new values for ~40 minutes. The next day it happened again, with a ~5 minute delay. In both cases it went back to normal after a while.

The PlayFab status report shows 100% uptime for those days.

Are the update times monitored and reported? is there a SLO? Is there anything I could do on my end?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.