question

Travis Lange avatar image
Travis Lange asked

Linux Builds in Thunderhead?

This documentation here seems to suggest that Linux builds can be set up via the Game Manager by simply selecting a "radio" button: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/deploying-linux-based-builds

However, I can't seem to find the "radio" button to select Linux. Is there something that I am missing for deploying Linux builds via the Game Manager UI?

game manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

This feature still seems to not have been added, and I think using the CreateBuildWithCustomContainer API is the only way to do so currently (or use my GUI tool which uses the API)

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

We are unable to find this Linux radio button option on Game Manager UI too. We will inform our product team to investigate it. Currently, you can try to use command-line tools to upload your Linux container images. Thanks for feedback.

1 Like 1 ·
Travis Lange avatar image Travis Lange Sarah Zhang commented ·
@Sarah ZhangThanks! I appreciate it :). @Brandon Phillips Awesome! I'll give the tool a try! :)
0 Likes 0 ·
ravarna avatar image
ravarna answered

@TCROC, so we happened to release a version of the documentation that had future features (== GUI support) :) We are reverting back to the previous documentation until the feature is actually public :D The documentation should get updated tomorrow.

4 comments
10 |1200

franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

Thanks @ravarna for this clarification

0 Likes 0 ·
Travis Lange avatar image Travis Lange commented ·
@ravarna

Thanks for letting us know! Is there a way I can mark two answers as correct? Both are very helpful.

0 Likes 0 ·
ravarna avatar image ravarna Travis Lange commented ·

Not sure about marking both as the answer part, but the documentation update is complete.

0 Likes 0 ·
Travis Lange avatar image Travis Lange ravarna commented ·

Awesome! Thanks! :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.