question

madmojoman avatar image
madmojoman asked

Multiplayer Servers 2.0 (Preview) while Using Legacy Multiplayer Servers?

Is it possible to Enable the new Multiplayer Servers 2.0 (Preview) feature while stilling having the Legacy Multiplayer server working?

And if so; since I'm not getting the logs needed in order to properly debug the Legacy Multiplayer server anymore (and you apparently don't even have a test environment to use in fixing the problem in a timely manner), will I actually be able to see logs from the new Multiplayer Servers 2.0 server if I get a server setup through that system?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, we have a firm “no breaking changes” policy, so I would say that you can still have Legacy Multiplayer server working with the new Server 2.0 feature enabled as long as your pre-existing title is still using it. I am not familiar with the Legacy Multiplayer Server, but about the new Server 2.0 I believe it’s quite convenient to see the logs, you can access them through API or Game Manager, check this doc here. And, you could also locally debug game servers before deploy, here is doc you may find helpful.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.