question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Existing users

martin999b
started a topic on Wed, 08 April 2015 at 12:38 PM

Hello,

I have integrated Playfab to my game. I made a login screen where the user have to add his account name and password that he previously registered to log in and start playing. I was trying out some different non-existing account names to check the error callbacks and many times when I try to log in with some of these non-existing usernames, I get "Wrong Password" error message instead of "Account is not existing." which means there is actually an account with that name. Same happens when I try to register, sometimes it says the name I was trying to register is in use, while I don't have that username in my DB.

What could cause this?

Thanks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 08 April 2015 at 1:42 PM

Right now, new titles in our service don't have a Publisher ID set up. Account creation and login without a Publisher ID is in the "global" PlayFab account space (millions of users), whereas with a Publisher ID, it's in a distinct space which doesn't have any pre-existing accounts. We'll have Publisher IDs set up automatically for new titles in an upcoming release, but for right now you can simply ask us for one via the devrel@playfab.com email address, and we'll get you set up. Please be sure to specify what Title IDs you need associated with the Publisher ID, as that's also part of the setup.

On friends, we don't have a page which shows a user's friends in the Game Manager right now, but that is on our list for later this year. For now, you can query this via the API.

Brendan

2 Comments
martin999b said on Wed, 08 April 2015 at 12:41 PM

Other question that I forgot to ask: Is there any way to check a player's friend list in the gamemanager?

Thanks! :)

Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 08 April 2015 at 1:42 PM

Right now, new titles in our service don't have a Publisher ID set up. Account creation and login without a Publisher ID is in the "global" PlayFab account space (millions of users), whereas with a Publisher ID, it's in a distinct space which doesn't have any pre-existing accounts. We'll have Publisher IDs set up automatically for new titles in an upcoming release, but for right now you can simply ask us for one via the devrel@playfab.com email address, and we'll get you set up. Please be sure to specify what Title IDs you need associated with the Publisher ID, as that's also part of the setup.

On friends, we don't have a page which shows a user's friends in the Game Manager right now, but that is on our list for later this year. For now, you can query this via the API.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.