question

ducastefan1978 avatar image
ducastefan1978 asked

hello. i use PlayFabClientAPI.GetFriendsLis to get my friends. can i get which one of them is online and which ones are offline?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, as far as I am aware, you cannot get online/offline status using PlayFabClientAPI.GetFriendsList API. Just as Brendan mentioned in this thread, PlayFab is a Web API-style of service, we don’t specifically have the notion of an "offline" status (there's also no Logout API call, for instance). Although this is a way to compute the “login” state, you need to query for the player’s info using GetPlayerCombinedInfo(The API GetUserCombinedInfo mentioned by Brendan is obsolete, use this instead). You can see when the user last signed in by checking the LastLogin property of TitleInfo, and determine recent actions by checking the LastUpdated value of UserData (You may need to implement some kind of mechanism to change this value at regular intervals when the player is playing to help check the player’s “login” status more accurately). For more details, you can check Brendan’s thread:)

By the way, I found this thread that may help you too:)

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ducastefan1978 avatar image ducastefan1978 commented ·

thank you very much for your response. i solved it by getting the list from playfab then feed it to Photon which does have a IsOnline boolean

thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan ducastefan1978 commented ·

Glad to hear that:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.