question

DHHD avatar image
DHHD asked

Can I use 2 titles in 1 game?

Hi Playfab Team, Can I use 2 titles in 1 game? 1 professional planning title and 1 free title.

1. Professional planning title: Use for potential members.

2. Free plan title: Use for less potential members

Push NotificationsPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We do not support a customer having a mix of free and paid tier titles. The way the agreement for our service is written, all titles from your studio need to be on the same plan.

While I understand the concern that a title could suddenly explode in usage beyond what you've planned for:

a) In reality, a title getting massive numbers without actually taking explicit steps to do so (negotiating feature placement, running a user acquisition campaign, etc.) is absurdly rare.

b) That's actually a great problem to have. As long as you've done at least minimal research on monetization strategies and have taken steps to follow the basics, that user base gives you the opportunity to use the LiveOps tools (segmentation, A/B tests, etc.) to maximize your potential.

You can also take steps to maximize your chances by going a limited release to start. Start with a friends-and-family test, so that you can get feedback from a close circle of people. From there, do a limited alpha in a single geo. Mobile platforms support this, allowing you to release in Australia/New Zealand or Canada to start, so that you minimize the chance you'll be hit with a massive number of users. That's a good way to test out your monetization strategy and make sure it's effectively tuned before globally releasing.

If you're still concerned though, limit your feature usage to what's available in the free tier and just use that. Once you have enough evidence to make you comfortable that your monetization will work, then you could move to a paid tier with higher limits, and take advantage of all the LiveOps features.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DHHD avatar image DHHD commented ·

Can you clarify the plan for free?

According to the version, it is limited with LIVEOps and unlimited MAU. Is there a limit to: Register, Login, Authentication Photon, IAP Economy, Leaderboard? If I only use the above features for free plans before upgrading to professional planning. Does it really work with unlimited MAU? Is there limited API Call, Login, Authentication Photon, IAP Economy, Leaderboard for free plans? Or I can pay a fee to use unlimited MAU before upgrading so the professional package with the above features is working well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, from my point of view, PlayFab is a backend platform for live games, I don’t it’s necessary for you to use 2 titles just for separating two groups of members. PlayFab offers Segmentation to differentiate groups of players using any custom factors you want. This all happens in real-time, so it’s easier for you to conduct effective LiveOps strategy. You can check the Segmentation doc to see if it fits your requirements, any issues let us know:)

1 comment
10 |1200

DHHD avatar image DHHD commented ·

I think any potential game has the ability to explode MAU in the first time is very big. It can be up to 10 million or 100 million users. However, if started right away with professional plan. I am concerned that if that happens, the publisher cannot pay such a large sum of money if the majority of those MAUs are not really potential.

- If I start with the Free package for the first few months to avoid the cost of the MAU boom then upgrade the professional plan or business. Does it really meet such a large user base? (About Register, Login and IAP Economy)

0 Likes 0 ·
DHHD avatar image
DHHD answered

Can anyone help me?

3 comments
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Hi, according to your condition, I think you can start with free tier (with unlimited MAU but limited access to LiveOps features )for the first few months to avoid charging for less potential MAUs, when MAU explosion happens, you can decide whether to upgrade to professional plan. PlayFab itself operates at over 100 million MAU, with anywhere from 2 to 3 million concurrent users at peak each day. Therefore you don’t have to worry that PlayFab won’t be able to deal with a large user base. By the way, I think this is basically a sales question, you can directly contact our sales team to decide which plan suits you best via https://playfab.com/support/contact/. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
DHHD avatar image DHHD Citrus Yan commented ·

I sent a question for sales for more than 1 week but they did not respond. I want to clarify: PlayFab itself operates at over 100 million MAU, with anywhere from 2 to 3 million concurrent users at peak each day. => Is it for professional or free planning? Perhaps the first time I will go with the free plan to avoid the MAU boom. After that, I will upgrade the business package to take advantage of Playfab. With the free plan, I have not fully understood its limits. According to the homepage, it is limited to LiveOps and unlimited MAU.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan DHHD commented ·

Hi @Brendan, can you help clarify this?

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.