question

pigggglet avatar image
pigggglet asked

New user registration stop working today - The error is: 'InvalidParams'!

Hello! Today my game stop registering new users. It was ok 8 hours ago, I had couple of new user registered, but right now everyone have the InvalidParams response. In the same time previously registered users can login perfectly. Did something changed on PlayFab side? What should I do? How can I check what's exactly happening?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jrDev avatar image
jrDev answered

Hello,

It looks like on PlayFabs side, the Display Name parameter cannot be blank anymore. So the Playmaker action needs to be rewritten to accomodate this change. Otherwise, if you are not using that parameter, just comment it out from the action script.

Thanks,

jrDev

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pigggglet avatar image pigggglet commented ·

It works! I just added a Display Name to registration request and it validates now. Thank you soooo much! <3

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Greetings,

Could you tell me what API you are using to register players and your title ID?

7 comments
10 |1200

pigggglet avatar image pigggglet commented ·

Sure. Title id: E1D7E
I'm using Unity's Client API.
PlayFabClientAPI.RegisterPlayFabUser if i'm right

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ pigggglet commented ·

I do see the errors, but PlayFab has not made any sweeping changes that would cause this. Can you attempt to make this call through PostMan, and provide me the request and response?

0 Likes 0 ·
pigggglet avatar image pigggglet jital ♦ commented ·

That's weird, my game client was build many times ago and definitely didn't change either :D
I'm not sure what exactly i'm doing but I sent this line with postman

https://{
                     {TitleId}}.playfabapi.com/Client/RegisterPlayFabUser?sdk=PostmanCollection-0.85.190717

with this parameters

{
  "Username": "theuser",
  "Email": "me@here.com",
  "Password": "thepassword",
  "TitleId": "{
                     {TitleId}}"
}

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
pigggglet avatar image
pigggglet answered

@SethDu I want to point it out that error occurs in already builded and published game that worked 24h ago, and stop working now. So 24h ago the request was at least acceptably formatted. I'll try to goo deep inside the actions and check what's inside, but it's 100% chance that something somehow was changed on PlayFab side.

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I will inform our team about this and will keep this tread updated if there is any feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.