question

Matthew Arnold avatar image
Matthew Arnold asked

Socket Exception in unedited default legacy PlayFab server using Unity

I receive a socket exception error, when running the unedited ServerScene, in the legacy PlayFab server in Unity. The error Unity is giving me, using Unity 2019.2.0f1. I have found that this issue is fixed by deleting the PlayStreamExampleManager from the hierarchy, but I want to use PlayStream.

unity3dCustom Game Serverssupportgame managerPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The PlayStreamExampleManager used to be a pre-beta version of feature “PlayStream Event Subscriptions”. This seems to be no longer supported. However, It doesn’t affect the other functionalities of legacy multiplayer server.

The more powerful substitute feature – PubSub, is in private preview now. If you are Pro or Enterprise tier users, you may create a support ticket to access PubSub.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matthew Arnold avatar image Matthew Arnold commented ·

Am I still able to use PlayStream Events, without the ExampleManager, or is the PlayStream service not longer offered?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Matthew Arnold commented ·

PlayStream Events is a basic feature of PlayFab, what is not supported is the "PlayStream Events subscription" in legacy multiplayer server if it is what you are talking about. You may check the feature lists on the Github repo: https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabGameServer.

You are able to use PlayStream Events via currently supported methods.

1 Like 1 ·
madmojoman avatar image
madmojoman answered

I've had the error for a long time on various server builds. It doesn't seem to effect anything and the server runs fine even though it displays that error on every start-up for us. I think you can probably just ignore it. That's what I'm doing right now. *shrugs*

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.