question

Dan Hughes avatar image
Dan Hughes asked

Purchasing multiple virtual currency bundles does not work.

Hi,

Purchasing multiple virtual currency bundles in one transaction does not appear to work.

I have defined a catalog bundle with bundle contents set as one item:

• Virtual currency (Sheckles) with a quantity of X.

This catalog bundle is purchasable via one of the stores for a (test amount) of zero Sheckles.

I can purchase one of these bundles successfully and see the virtual currency increase. These steps appear to happen correctly:

• Complete the transaction using the single-step PurchaseItem API from the client code.
  • The bundle is added to the user inventory on PlayFab.
  • Virtual currency is automatically unpacked into the user's virtual currency, I can see this updated on PlayFab.
  • The bundle is destroyed via the consumable mechanism.

When attempting to purchase multiple of these bundles using the three-step API the virtual currency amount is not updated correctly.

• StartPurchase
  • PayForPurchase
  • ConfirmPurchase

Following through in the debugger:

• I can see that each of the three purchase steps appear to successfully complete with no errors or warnings.

On PlayFab:

• I can see all of the bundles appear temporarily in the user inventory before being destroyed automatically via the bundle consumption mechanism.
  • Only one of the amounts of virtual currency is ever updated for the user.

So for example, if the bundle contained 1000 x Sheckles and I bought 5 of those bundles, my virtual currency amount would only increase by 1000 Sheckles instead of 5000 Sheckles.

Please let me know if this is an error in our code or setup, or if this is a limitation of PlayFab.

Thanks for your help!

apisIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi Dan, it seems that you are getting support from other channel, we will provide support for you in that channel, thanks.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan Hughes avatar image Dan Hughes commented ·

Thanks @Citrus Yan.

For anyone else interested here is the response I recieved:

This issue is a bug we are currently working, unfortunately there is no work around for this issue. At this time multiple VC bundles must be bought with separate purchase calls using the StartPurchase/PayForPurchase/ConfirmPurchase API’s

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.