question

Octolust avatar image
Octolust asked

Google authen failed

I known this may not really a PlayFab issue but I folow the tut here. Step by step like video:

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/sign-in-with-google

But

Social.localUser.Authenticate((bool success)

Always return false

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Can you provide any error messages?

0 Likes 0 ·
Octolust avatar image Octolust Seth Du ♦ commented ·

No, just

Social.localUser.Authenticate((bool success)

return false.
And

GetServerAuthCode()    

always return null.

I dont known where i config wrong, flayfab site or google api

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I believe this can be a "Sign-in with Google in Unity" question. The documentation can be out-of-date as I saw many changes when I trying to reproduce your issue. The PlayFab sdk and Google Play sdk is out-dated and reporting errors.

What PlayFab does is simply make use of Google ServerAuthCode to login/link accounts, and if you cannot get a proper authcode, there is barely anything we can do on the PlayFab side. My suggestion is searching for the latest documentation on the Internet. Try to implement the latest Google Play sdk for Unity and when the server auth code can be received successfully, implement PlayFab sdk then.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Octolust avatar image Octolust commented ·

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/authentication/platform-specific-authentication/google-sign-in-unity

This doc just at 11/2018 and i still can run it step by step... But anw, tks. I 'll check it again

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Octolust commented ·

BTW, have you tried to run the build on a physical Android phone? It seems you cannot get a serverauthcode via Unity Editor.

0 Likes 0 ·
Octolust avatar image Octolust Seth Du ♦ commented ·

tried, and it open google app popup but when done it return nothing :D

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.