question

element808 avatar image
element808 asked

Server Build Unhealthy (UE4 Dedicated)

I just uploaded my asset zip (UE4 dedicated server) and set up a new 2.0 Server build (TitleID: 5C50) and no matter what I do it returns "Unhealthy" after it finishes deploying. It ran fine in my local mock VM Agent so I don't know what else to do. Can someone check my setup and see if there's anything I did wrong? Thanks in advance!

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

element808 avatar image element808 commented ·

Didn't realize there was a new mock VM Agent, so I updated it and it spit out a loading asset error (previous Mock Agent didn't do this). Fixed the error that came up and it ran clean, so I'm uploading a new build and will report back with any progress/updates.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok, so I uploaded my latest zip to the new build (Huli Server Test 2.0) and it still returns "Unhealthy". I logged into the VM to see if the files were extracted from the zip I specified in the Game Manager and it was extracted to the D:\ drive, but they weren't copied over to the mount path (C:\Assets).

So I dug more into the new local mock VM Agent to see if I missed anything and I don't think I did - but it's acting the same way as the Game Manager/VM is acting. It downloaded the zip, extracts them to my output folder "..\2019-08-11T02-55-27\ExtAssets\ffffffff-ffff-ffff-505c-000000000000839c839d-158b-48aa-9b18-da40ad02d543WestUs\SH0\A0" but it just doesn't copy the extracted files over.

Any help is appreciated

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrea avatar image Andrea commented ·

Has anyone managed to get the server working with UE4? I've been trying for days and I always get the error "TooManyRestarts" and "Unhealthy".

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Andrea commented ·

Have you tested your server build on local VMagent? Those errors indicate that the server build didn't start up successfully. You may add log sentences so that it can be monitored in local tool (VM agent). Please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/locally-debugging-game-servers-and-integration-with-playfab

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrea avatar image Andrea Seth Du ♦ commented ·
I have done a lot of tests, I have been trying for days and I always have the same error, these are the screens made on windows 10 and everything works, when I load the build on the server it does not work. many users have the same problem with UE4

https://community.playfab.com/questions/46251/ue4-425-and-playfab-server-builld-not-working-1.html

https://community.playfab.com/articles/43928/compatibility-issue-discovered-with-ue425-and-play.html?childToView=46470#comment-46470

0 Likes 0 ·
3129-mockvm.jpg (270.5 KiB)
3130-build-cs.jpg (362.8 KiB)
Show more comments
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Unhealthy means the build doesn’t run successfully. Currently we don’t have any documentation about UE4 dedicated Multiplayer server 2.0 but we do have a C++ test sample on the official GitHub repository. Please see it on https://github.com/PlayFab/gsdk/tree/master/cpp/testapps/cppWindowsRunnerGame then compare it with your project.

11 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@SethDu - thank you for your response. I'm a little further along, and now the game doesn't crash, but during my try/catch of the GSDK start() function, the catch is returning this erorr (see attached) upon running it manually on the VM. I didn't see anywhere in the cppWindowsrunnerGame code nor in documentation where I had to specify heartbeat endpoint and server id anywhere, or if I redeploy a zip file and server build, would this be taken care of automatically during the deploy process? thanks again for your assistance.

0 Likes 0 ·
errorgsdk.png (36.7 KiB)
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ element808 commented ·

How do you run the build? If you want to locally debug it, you need to run it in the MockVmAgent. Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/locally-debugging-game-servers-and-integration-with-playfab.

MockVmAgent will generate configuration files, which will be loaded by the server build.

1 Like 1 ·
element808 avatar image element808 Seth Du ♦ commented ·

@SethDu - aloha again. I've gone through that guide more times than I can count, it just doesn't seem to work. So I don't know if there's a problem with the latest version of the mockVM or not, but when I run it, the game port (in the config that gets generated by the MockVmAgent) doesn't get set to what I changed it to in the multiplayer json config. Also, when I run it, I dont get any errors, but it doesn't go into standby mode, it just stays on "waiting for heartbeat). I've implemented the gsdk::start() and the readyforplayers() check properly, it just doesn't get passed waiting for heartbeat. Also, if I manually run my server.exe prior to running the MockVmAgent in powershell, it reports Standy, and Active properly. I just don't understand why it won't do it via the MockVmAgent without me running it first. Any other ideas? Again, thank you for your time.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.