question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

Is GetInitialPlayers() guaranteed to return teams together?

Suppose the matchmaker finds a match:

Team A: Player1, Player2

Team B: Player3, Player4

Is GameserverSDK.GetInitialPlayers() guaranteed to return something like:

Player1, Player2, Player3, Player4

or Player3, Player4, Player 1, Player 2

or any other configuration where Player 1/2 are next to each other, and Player 3/4 are next to each other?

In other words, when my game server is assigning players to teams, can I just split the list in two and assign one half to the first team and the other half to the second team?

Custom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi Brent, as far as I am aware, GameserverSDK.GetInitialPlayers() does not explicitly guarantee that Player 1/2 and 3/4 are next to each other so that you can simply split them in half. I think it’s safer to assign players to teams according to MatchmakingPlayerWithTeamAssignment returned from GetMatch.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sultan Sultanov avatar image Sultan Sultanov commented ·

How i can get QueueName for GetMatch on server side? for example with GSDK? without this parameter I cannot call the function "GetMatch"

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.