question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Awarding random virtual currencies

facelessj
started a topic on Fri, 10 October 2014 at 1:35 AM

I've got a set of items that when purchased, give out virtual currencies. We'll call the items curr1, curr2, and curr3. They reward virtual currencies C1, C2 and C3 respectively.

I've got each of these set up using (With the currency changed for each item):

"Bundle": {

"BundledVirtualCurrencies": {

"C1": 1

}

}

Then, I have another called randomCurr, which contains:

"Bundle": {

"BundledResultsTables": [

"RandomCurrencyTable"

]

}

RandomCurrencyTable is defined as:

{

"Tables": [

{

"TableId": "RandomCurrencyTable",

"Nodes": [

{

"ResultItemType": "ItemId",

"ResultItem": "curr1",

"Weight" : 1

},

{

"ResultItem": "curr2",

},

{

"ResultItem": "curr3",

}

]

}

}

So essentially what should happen is the user buys a randomCurr. This then uses the RandomCurrencyTable to give the player one of curr1, curr2 or curr3, which should then give the player one virtual currency (C1, C2 or C3).

However, this is not happening. The user's VC counts don't change. When I look at their purchase history and inventory, it only has randomCurr, no curr1/2/3.

Additionally, the return value for the PurchaseItem request does not list any BundleContents as the help files say (But buying curr1 directly does not return this either, and yet correctly gives 1 C1).

Any help fixing this would be appreciated.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 31 March 2015 at 2:57 PM

Apologies for the lack of update to this issue - the currencies are being added to player profiles from bundles, even if they are sub-bundles. At the moment, they are not showing up in the returned data from the GrantItemsToUsers call, but we'll be fixing that in an upcoming update.

2 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Sat, 11 October 2014 at 11:08 AM

Sub-bundles not granting virtual currencies defined to players is a known issue that we're working on fixing within the next sprint. We'll update this post as soon as the fix is live.

Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 31 March 2015 at 2:57 PM

Apologies for the lack of update to this issue - the currencies are being added to player profiles from bundles, even if they are sub-bundles. At the moment, they are not showing up in the returned data from the GrantItemsToUsers call, but we'll be fixing that in an upcoming update.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.