question

gaffer.tape avatar image
gaffer.tape asked

Master Player Deletion

Hi all,

We're in the process of implementing the registration of players portion, and we've run into an issue with "Delete Master Player" from the Dashboard.

The players which we have deleted are still holding the email addresses, preventing us from using them again (one of which is my personal email address...). It's been over 24 hours since hitting "Delete Master Player".

Furthermore, some users which we created and deleted months ago (yes, months), still hold the username! We can't use these usernames either (testuser, testuser1, testuser2).

I've seen threads that deletion is actually put on a queue, but I've also read that it should take minutes at most...so I'm starting to think something happened during the delete.

As it stands, we have three usernames locked, and two email addresses locked.

Thank you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

If you navigate to this thread for more info. As Brendan in this answer said,Summary: Usually it takes less than a few hours. In rare cases, we've seen it take days. Max SLA is 28 days, but we've never seen it get nearly that high.”. So, it’s possible to take some days to delete a master account completely. But it’s unnormal to take some months. We are not sure is it an issue currently. I’m wondering if you could provide your TitleId and these PlayerId that being deleted. We will try to inform our team to investigate it.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gaffer.tape avatar image gaffer.tape commented ·

Thank you for your reply.

The title Id is 3D22 - only title in the studio.

As for the PlayerIds, I do not know, because they don't show up in the dashboard. I don't know if there's a way to get a list of PlayerIds that are pending or stuck.

If it makes things easier, there would be no problem to delete/release all the players in 3D22, because of the amount of usernames and emails which are locked.

Also, what's the proper or clean way to delete a player in the future? Using the "Delete Master Player" button in the Dashboard?

Again, thank you so much.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang gaffer.tape commented ·

All deletion should now be caught up. If you continue to experience long delays in players or titles being deleted, please let us know.

0 Likes 0 ·
gaffer.tape avatar image gaffer.tape Sarah Zhang commented ·

A username is still locked sadly, so I guess not all deletion went through. If I try "testuser" is still tells me that the username is in use. The other usernames and emails seem to have been released, because they got re-created successfully.

Guess I can't use "testuser" on this title hehe.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.