question

Van houtte avatar image
Van houtte asked

Unity Data Data impossible to retrieve

Hello,

I prefer to say first of all that I am a beginner in the online system.

That's my problem, I must currently harvest to give for my game and the transferred will see another character, but I am stuck at the beginning of the tutorial to transfer a data and the recovered impossible to recover this data here what I did.

Thank you for your help.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

According to the first line of Unity console, the problem seems to be trying to call client APIs without login in.

There are 3 main genres of APIs in PlayFab which are Client API, Server API, Entity API. What you have mentioned, the update player data related APIs, are Client APIs and they are designed for game players to access PlayFab service. Client APIs requires a valid session ticket that is returned from login API calls. That’s why you need to firstly login in. In Unity SDK, after the successful login, the encapsulated functions will automatically add session tickets and login information in to corresponding parameters so that you may call client APIs. Due to its asynchronous nature, you may implements functions in OnSuccess callback area to avoid error reporting.

We highly recommend you to make use of RESTful testing tools like Postman to test and learn PlayFab, you may find documentation here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/postman/. You will see the required field in the Http headers and Client APIs requires session ticket while Server API needs secret key. Entity related APIs requires entity token.

Meanwhile, the secret key is an identity of game developers or we can say the game manager, to manage the game. The actions like updating player internal data, changing statistics, directly granting items can be done with the help of secret key, which also means the secret key should not be exposed to any players. All the Server APIs and a part of Entity APIs require secret keys to perform. Cloud Script is a good application scenario to make use of server APIs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Van houtte avatar image
Van houtte answered

Thank you for your help !

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.