question

DHHD avatar image
DHHD asked

PlayFab performance

Hi PlayFab Team,

I tested Playfab for a while and integrated with Photon Server.

I have some questions about the PlayFab system before upgrading to a professional or business package:

1. Addons Photon Cloud is integrated, I shoot data through Photon Cloud's Webhooks, Playfab will receive and process CloudScript. For large users, 50,000 - 100,000 CCU at Photon Cloud will continuously send data to PlayFab every 5 - 10 seconds. Does CloudScrip work well?

2. With a large user base of 50.0000 - 100,000 CCU as in Section 1, players send ExecuteCloudScript requests every 10-20s to process the request (Statistic Update, Get PlayerReadOnlyData to compare and record new values and implement Writeplayerdata to save the event). Does the system work well?

3. PlayStream: + Is there any way to receive realtime data from Playstream Writeplayerdata to a 3rd party? I read that it is possible to receive data Playstream through the Event Archive. It is data received every day, not realtime stream. + Can I get all Playstream Event has Custom Event Name data via Webhooks with Azure Event hub or CloudEndpoint to 3rd party? (With a large user base of 50.0000 - 100,000 CCU as in Section 1, players send ExecuteCloudScript requests every 10 - 20s then Cloudscript uses and executes WritePlayerData, I do not implement WritePlayerData in customers, because they can cheat. ).

4. If 1-2-3 cannot work. I will have to put the Azure Event hub into Photon Server to record game data.

5. The player is banned for too long not to log in the game or cheat game. If he tries to log in again but can't because it was banned, is it counted as 1 MAU?

CloudScriptwebhooksPlayStream
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I will discuss your questions with the team and will keep this thread updated when there is a full feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·
DHHD avatar image DHHD Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thanks for your attention. I have to be sure to know these things so that the system cannot be overloaded when switching to Playfab.

0 Likes 0 ·
DHHD avatar image DHHD commented ·

Can anyone help me?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered
  1. Cloud Script should work fine
  2. The frequency is a bit high, we recommend to request 2 ExecuteCloudScript per minute.
  3. Yes, the feedback from our team is that you are able to implement with Azure Event hub
  4. No, only when the login event is generated, does PlayFab count it as 1 MAU.

Also we want you to know that for Pro and Enterprise tier users, we provide dedicated support. The limits of game title are scalable and customizable as you can contact our sales team via sales@playfab.com for more information.

10 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Can I ask more?

1. Is the proposal to use Azure Event Hubs integrated with Playfab Webhooks?

2. Event Archive: This feature will get PlayStream data in real time mode or once every hour, once a day

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ DHHD commented ·

1. I cannot say it is necessary and it completely depends on your requirement. For example, many developers in the community are using SnowFlake for advanced query.

2. I believe this is a configurable setting as the currently Event Archive is based on AWS S3 while there is the new Event Archiving system in private preview. From the documentation, we can see the frequency can be modified.

1 Like 1 ·

I need a real-time query, which means that any WriteplayerEvent event I receive will receive its data. Can you advise me on a solution?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Can Playfab Multiplayer handle 50,000 - 100,000 CCU? I did not find the integrated documentation for the Unity client. When I upgrade the professional plan, Do I get it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ DHHD commented ·

If you are talking about Multiplayer server 2.0, the answer is yes, but it really depends on what kind of virtual machine you select since it is a service based on Azure. I am not expertised in Azure but you may refer to my reply in this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/32334/do-maximum-servers-and-standby-servers-refer-to-th.html?childToView=32393#answer-32393.

If you have more questions about billing, you may directly contact our sales team via sales@playfab.com, which is the best supporting channel.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes. Can you answer me the following question?

1. Is the proposal để sử dụng Azure Hubs Event với Playfab Webhooks?

2. Event Archive: This feature will get PlayStream data in real time mode or once every hour, once a day

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.