question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

Button to "fast delete" player (unlink + delete player)

I've seen in multiple places that it is recommended/required to unlink a player's accounts before deleting the player, so that the account can be reused immediately.

This seems to be a very common case when testing.

It would be great if there was a button and API call to unlink & delete a player in a single call.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi Brent, as far as I am aware, if you unlink a player’s account and reuse the linking info to log in, PlayFab will create a new player account. The former player account will be orphaned(Just leave it there, does not affect anything), hence if it’s just for testing you could just unlink an account and reuse it immediately.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

That makes a lot of sense - just unlinking without deleting should be great for testing. Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Likes 0 ·
Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Is it possible to unlink an account via API (without being logged into that account)? That would make it more convenient for my dev tools. If not, we can work around it just by using the web dashboard. Also, sorry about posting this as a question - I meant to post it as a feature request. Feel free to move it for organization purposes.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Hi brent, as far as I am aware, for now, Only ServerCustomId and Xbox Account are supported to unlink from the server-side. For other accounts, you must be logged in first in order to unlink accounts.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.