question

ndidialaneme avatar image
ndidialaneme asked

How unique is GetMatchmakingTicketResult.MatchId?

The format for GetMatchmakingTicketResult.MatchId is `XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX`.

How likely is another set of matched users to see the very same ID.

I'm expecting this to be extremely low, but I looked in the docs and didn't see anything definite.

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, we use .Net Frameworks’ general method “System.Guild.NewGuid()” to generate the MatchId, so duplicate MatchId is basically impossible.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

I think there are 5,316,911,983,139,663,491,615,228,241,121,400,000 combinations for a 36-character hyphenated GUID, so it's basically impossible.

1 comment
10 |1200

ndidialaneme avatar image ndidialaneme commented ·

I believe you are correct. However, this does depend on how randomisation is implemented. I'm just looking for a little nod from the developers.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.