question

charlielange avatar image
charlielange asked

"Unable to resolve blob URI" When uploading game server build?

This occurs when uploading new asset in Servers 2.0 Preview. We've tried in multiple projects on both Chrome and Edge and get the same error.

capture.png (15.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ryan Vogrinec avatar image
Ryan Vogrinec answered

Based on recent feedback from customers, we have updated the validation logic for asset file names. The new validation logic accepts the following:

The characters allowed are alphanumeric, underscore, period, and hyphen.

It looks like you may need to remove the spaces in your file name.

Based on feedback from customers, we updated the validation logic for asset file names. The new validation logic accepts the following:

The characters allowed are alphanumeric, underscore, period, and hyphen.

It looks like you may need to remove the spaces in your file name.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Travis Lange avatar image Travis Lange commented ·

@ravarna @Citrus Yan @Ryan Vogrinec I can verify that following this logic allows us to upload the build correctly. Feedback in the error message for this would be extremely helpful. Thanks again for all of the help! :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, how big is your asset file? I remember that the doc mentioned that Assets should be less than 10GB in size, maybe this the factor that caused the issue you are having? Otherwise, if your file is within the limit, could you provide us your Title Id so we can investigate it? Thanks.

5 comments
10 |1200

charlielange avatar image charlielange commented ·

@Citrus Yan The file size is 42 MB so that isn't the issue. Our title id is "35B1F". After checking again today, the same error occurs and all of our previously uploaded assets have been removed as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan charlielange commented ·

Hi, I have reported the issue(error "unable to resolve blob URI" occurs when uploading new asset file) to our product team, they confirmed that there was a bug introduced yesterday that caused us to block any file name containing a "." character, now the issue is fixed, you should be able to upload new asset file properly. However, regard to your removed assets, we are trying to identify the issue with the team, sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like 1 ·
Travis Lange avatar image Travis Lange Citrus Yan commented ·

Hey @Citrus Yan. Thanks for the fast response and thanks to the team for the fast fix. I’m on the same team as the person who reported this issue. In regards to our missing assets, they also had the “.” character in the file name. We will test tomorrow to verify that we can upload our assets again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
ravarna avatar image
ravarna answered

@TCROC, sorry for the late reply, not sure why I didn't get notifications. That's weird on both accounts (assets missing and the blob file name not working). For the asset name, I can see that spaces won't work, but the '.' should. How are you uploading it? Do you call the GetAssetUploadUrl directly or do you use powershell module (or something else)? I am going to test that right now..

3 comments
10 |1200

ravarna avatar image ravarna commented ·

I just tried Add-PFMultiplayerAsset -FilePath "C:\Users\ravarna\Desktop\BlockyBall-0.0.5.zip" (without spaces) using powershell and it worked.

0 Likes 0 ·
Travis Lange avatar image Travis Lange commented ·

@ravarna Removing the white paces fixes the issue. Thanks for the help! In the future, feedback in the error message saying what characters are allowed would be extremely helpful. Thanks again for all of the help! :)

0 Likes 0 ·
ravarna avatar image ravarna Travis Lange commented ·

@TCROC, how are you uploading the asset, here is the error when I use the REST API directly -

{ "code": 400, "status": "BadRequest", "error": "MultiplayerServerBadRequest", "errorCode": 1382, "errorMessage": "MultiplayerServerBadRequest - ValidationError - There were errors during request validation.", "errorDetails": { "requestBody.Id": [ "requestBody.Id: Filename should only contain alphanumeric characters, hyphen, period or underscore and must be a zip, tar.gz or tar file." ] } }

If you are talking about Game Manager and if it isn't giving the error message, we will file the bug and fix it.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.