question

shlomi-atia avatar image
shlomi-atia asked

Notifications don't come to iOS device

Hello, I want to send a notification from the admin panel to my iOS device, it is then written that it is sent but not displayed on the phone. At the same time, if I send notification from an IoS device to an Android device, the notification comes in Android device in the opposite situation, the notification doesn't come to iOS from Android

Push Notifications
7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

How do you send push notification? Is it via server API SendPushNotification? Have you tried SendPushNotificationFromTemplate API?

Can you receive anything in ReceivedRemoteNotification function?

I will also inform our team about iOS push notification not receiving issue.

-1 Like -1 ·
shlomi-atia avatar image shlomi-atia Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I send notifications first of all through the admin panel, here is a screenshotснимок-экрана-2019-07-30-в-112356.png
and also I create a project in Unity and send notifications from android device to iOS

0 Likes 0 ·

Where I can find SendPushNotificationFromTemplate API?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ shlomi-atia commented ·

The documentation is here: https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-cn/rest/api/playfab/server/account-management/sendpushnotificationfromtemplate?view=playfab-res.

In fact, admin panel(Game Manager) is using template to send push notification. From the feedback from other developers in our community, the iOS push system seems to work fine but our team is still testing it.

My guess is there may be issues in your iOS client-side implementation, please check your code and compare your project with our official tutorial.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
shlomi-atia avatar image
shlomi-atia answered

@SethDu Yes, I tried to check registration my iOS device on my client and to call RegisterForPushNotifications API, I got JSON:

{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {}
}
Screenshots:
image-2019-08-01t10-17-24-451z.png
image-2019-08-01t10-17-46-871z.png
Did I understand you correctly?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shlomi-atia avatar image shlomi-atia commented ·

But the notification didn't come to iOS

0 Likes 0 ·
shlomi-atia avatar image
shlomi-atia answered

@SethDu, I sent a notification, not through your server API, but through a third-party site and notice has come.
снимок-экрана-2019-08-02-в-223148.png
снимок-экрана-2019-08-02-в-224417.png

Answer me, please, because I don't know how to solve this problem, and have to look for another plugin.

3 comments
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

What's your title ID and Player ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
Title ID: C9EE
Player ID(title): 171821B6EB959AD3
Player ID: CFF8C18F4362B122
0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ shlomi-atia commented ·

@Shlomi_Atia We're taking a deeper look at this. We've confirmed that Sending push notifications to iOS devices works via the Game Manager UI. In order to make progress, we need to isolate which part of your configuration isn't right. Are you able to test the functionality with a different user and device? If that's still not working, can you try on a new title in PlayFab?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.