question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

GetAccountInfo missing info fields

I used GetAccountInfo for three different PlayFab accounts (same game title) as follows :

1) created with Username+email+password (no other linked accounts) :

The fields returned (not null) in GetAccountInfoResult are :

• AccountInfo.PlayFabId
  • AccountInfo.Username
  • AccountInfo.Created
  • AccountInfo.TitleInfo.Created
  • AccountInfo.TitleInfo.FirstLogin
  • AccountInfo.TitleInfo.LastLogin
  • AccountInfo.TitleInfo.DisplayName
  • AccountInfo.PrivateInfo.Email

2) created with facebook (no other linked accounts) :

• AccountInfo.PlayFabId
  • AccountInfo.Username
  • AccountInfo.Created
  • AccountInfo.TitleInfo.FirstLogin
  • AccountInfo.TitleInfo.LastLogin
  • AccountInfo.FacebookInfo.FacebookId

No other FacebookInfo fields (Displayname and Username).

3) created with Google (no other linked accounts) :

• AccountInfo.PlayFabId
  • AccountInfo.Username
  • AccountInfo.Created
  • AccountInfo.TitleInfo.LastLogin (default DateTime value : "01/01/0001 00:00:00" !)

No AccountInfo.TitleInfo.FirstLogin and when I added a displayname (it was also automatically set as username, is this on purpose ?), I could only get AccountInfo.TitleInfo.DisplayName. And unlike FacebookInfo, there is no GoogleInfo field although a lot of useful Google info is shown in the GameManager ! I already posted a feature request for this here.

Common missing/null fields :
AccountInfo.TitleInfo.Origination which is available from the GameManager dashboard !

My questions are :

• Is this the normal behavior of GetAccountInfo ?
  • Why is the AccountInfo.TitleInfo.Origination always null ?
  • When do you plan to remove the AccountInfo.Created and keep only the AccountInfo.TitleInfo.Created as planned here ? Players should be linked to the game title only not to all other PlayFab titles ! Who does need that ?!
  • Why does the AccountInfo.FacebookInfo contain only the FacebookId ? it should have more data (available to public API keys) like the Google data gathered with PlayFab
  • Why not create separate API calls for different groups of info (GetFacebookInfo, GetGoogleInfo, etc.) ?

PS : the copy/paste in the forum posts is a nightmare (the posts scroll to the top after pasting) and you can't resize the text box area !

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 22 February 2015 at 8:42 PM

This should be resolved for all new accounts, going forward. Please let us know if you see any similar issues.

4 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 28 January 2015 at 1:18 AM

Thanks - we'll pass on the info on the forums to our provider (FreshDesk).

Sorry for the delay on this - could you provide the PlayFabId for the user account you've been using for testing? We'd like to have a look, to see how it wound up in this state.

For your questions:

Is this the normal behavior of GetAccountInfo ?

Why is the AccountInfo.TitleInfo.Origination always null ?

GetAccountInfo should return all the info (including Origination) as shown in the API docs. We'll have a look at the player account, once we have that.

When do you plan to remove the AccountInfo.Created and keep only the AccountInfo.TitleInfo.Created as planned here ? Players should be linked to the game title only not to all other PlayFab titles ! Who does need that ?!

The original design was that all players lived in the same space, in order to enable additional analytics for all developers. As a direct result of feedback, we have Publisher IDs now, for the purpose of creating player account in a dedicated space for your title. This has been rolled out for the RegisterPlayFabUser and LoginWithPlayFab API calls, and will shortly be added to all the other Login and Link calls.

Why does the AccountInfo.FacebookInfo contain only the FacebookId ? it should have more data (available to public API keys) like the Google data gathered with PlayFab

In order to ensure compliance with Facebook policy, which prohibits making the user's PII available ("Identity and Privacy"). In order to get the Facebook token for the first sign-in, you must already be accessing the player's /me info. It's at that point we would recommend offering the player the option to use their name for the title display name.

Why not create separate API calls for different groups of info (GetFacebookInfo, GetGoogleInfo, etc.) ?

Only because our community hasn't called it out as a priority. Feel free to post it to our Feature Requests forum!

Brendan

johntube said on Wed, 28 January 2015 at 5:54 AM

Here are the players IDs :

1. "Organic" (Created with RegisterWithPlayFab) : AE153C11A8A5AFBD
  2. Facebook : CA1810469FB5CB6D
  3. Google : C5F4BDF9290B4D7B

I'm very happy about the PublisherID ! I'll try it as soon as all the related API calls are updated and the PublisherID generator is available.

Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 28 January 2015 at 6:12 PM

Okay, I have been through the code and I do see why Origination isn't being correctly returned in the Admin call. Similarly, I also see that the FirstLogin isn't showing up correctly for accounts created via Google login. I'll get bugs filed for those, so that we get them fixed ASAP - thanks!

Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 22 February 2015 at 8:42 PM

This should be resolved for all new accounts, going forward. Please let us know if you see any similar issues.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jonas Johnsson avatar image
Jonas Johnsson answered

Hello Brendan,
i used Client/GetAccountInfo,

but it only returned

1. {
  2.    "code": 200,
  3.    "status": "OK",
  4.    "data":
  5.    {
  6.        "AccountInfo":
  7.        {
  8.            "PlayFabId": "PlayFabId",
  9.            "Created": "0001-01-01T00:00:00Z",
  10.            "TitleInfo":
  11.            {
  12.                "DisplayName": "DisplayName",
  13.                "Created": "0001-01-01T00:00:00Z"
  14.            }
  15.        }
  16.    }
  17. }

and i didnt get the facebook info, even that id linked to facebook

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That would be the response you get back when making this call from a client if you're querying another player's account. The detailed response is what you get back when calling this on your own ID, or from the Server API version on any account.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.