question

andre-wagner avatar image
andre-wagner asked

UE4 Blueprints What to do with the results object of an API request ?

When I click "B" on my keyboard, everything works and I get the string "Got Items", but I do not know what to do with the result catalog I mean the array of the type "Play Fab JSON object" how can i change that into the text, so I can see the results like in the documentation, where you can see the name of the item and the price.

screenshot-359.png (296.7 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Hi, I draft a sample for you. The main thing is to know the structure of returned objects and their types in each layer. The Best way here is to check the corresponding API documentation.

In addition, loop is not the only way, you are able to store them in UE4 built-in variables.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andre-wagner avatar image andre-wagner commented ·

Thanks, it worked, but I have another problem how do you get something like the prices of the items or other parts of a list like the title data values, not just the key names?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ andre-wagner commented ·

You may add more Get Field nodes after For Each Loop and set different Field Name to get what you want. (I leave out the parts after Return Value because all of this depends on your requirement)

The thing is callback returns a PlayFab JSON Object which means it only can be used in PlayFab related functions. It can be more convenient to use if the object is re-constructed as UE4 built-in data type.

However, I am not very familiar with UE4, and I believe it will be better to get dedicated help from UE4 developer community.

0 Likes 0 ·
andre-wagner avatar image andre-wagner Seth Du ♦ commented ·

No, I meant how do you know the names of the field names is there a document for that, where you can find the field names for the different things

-1 Like -1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.