question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Push notifications: application name and PlayFab title name?

I want to send push notifications with the PlayFab cloud script to my iOS and Android devices. But I'm not sure if I set my application name and PlayFab title name correctly.

Android:

I have added pictures of my Google Play Dev Console, Firebase Console project and Visual Studio Android project settings(application name, package name).

Is it necessary that the application name in my Visual Studio Android project is equal to the PlayFab title name and Firebase Console project name?

iOS:

I have added pictures of my App Store Connect account and Visual Studio iOS project settings(application name, bundle identifier).

Is it necessary to create an iOS project in Firebase Console? I don't have an iOS project in Firebase, only an Android project.

Is it necessary that the application name in my Visual Studio iOS project is equal to the PlayFab title name?

Are the names of my applications correctly set so that it is possible to send push notifications to my Android and iOS devices?

Push Notifications
playfabsettings.png (496.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Title name from PlayFab doesn’t have to be the same as FCM configuration. The push notification works as long as the title id is correct, You may refer to the official tutorial on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/engagement/push-notifications/push-notifications-for-android. I have tested it and it works.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.