question

Damian Rajamanie avatar image
Damian Rajamanie asked

API Disabled and Page Broken! Help!

I disabled API access in the API Feature page for our Dev back end Title ID: BA50.

Now the page errors with:

There was an error while loading data from the server. Please reload the page to retry.

I cannot Re-Enable it, this has put us all on hold, please help ASAP.I have disabled this before and reenabled it. I did this because I was trying to test the idea of a kill switch for our game.
Thankfully this is not a LIVE user backened but we are held up as developers as nobody can authenticate now :(This feature seems bugged, and the test was for potential real world scenario on our Live backend, but if this bug can occur our users could be blocked from the game for days.
Please help.
Cheers
apibroken.png (23.3 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hey, it seems that some titles are having the same issue as you do. The product team is discussing on the fix, we have requested to re-enable your title, truly sorry for the wait.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Damian Rajamanie avatar image Damian Rajamanie commented ·

Thanks for the response is there any ETA on this?

I just checked and I still get the error on the title: BA50

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen Damian Rajamanie commented ·

Hey @Raj, your title has been re-enabled now. Sorry for any inconvenience.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Damian Rajamanie commented ·

Hi Raj, this is currently an issue right now, we have to manually re-enable your title. So you may encounter the same issue next time you want to turn on the kill switch for your game and then re-enable it. Anyhow, we have a suggestion for you to consider. Here is the case, every time you want to kill your game, you can disable the API access to your game by calling UpdateAPIPolicy. For example, using the following parameters to prevent clients from changing display name:

{

"Resource": "pfrn:api--/Client/UpdateUserTitleDisplayName",
"Action": "*",
"Effect": "Deny",
"Principal": "*",
"Comment": "client cannot update display name"
}

We think this might also be a feasible way for your game without any troubles.

Here is the doc you may want to take a look : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/config/gamemanager/api-access-policy

0 Likes 0 ·
Damian Rajamanie avatar image
Damian Rajamanie answered

ok thanks, I'll bare this approach in mind, we'll maybe come up with another way to do this via TitleData or something then - if the Disable thing ever gets fixed proper would be great to know, I'm not in need of using the kill switch right now it was really just a test... good job I tested it really :)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.