question

Cliff Cawley avatar image
Cliff Cawley asked

Urgent: DeleteCharacterFromUser with SaveCharacterInventory = true no longer saves as of 1-32 hours

Something has changed within the last 1 - 32 hours (Or around then). The call to DeleteCharacterFromUser when you specify SaveCharacterInventory = true no longer actually saves the inventory.

Instead the items in the inventory just get revoked as though you'd specified false!

This is an urgent bug that needs fixing!

Player Inventory
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cliff Cawley avatar image Cliff Cawley commented ·

Just to add to this, I'm using limited edition items and the items it's 'revoking' aren't actually revoking anymore (as the initial grant doesn't increase again). It seems like the items are just being dropped and aren't going to the user inventory OR back into the limited edition supply

0 Likes 0 ·

Just to add to this, I'm using limited edition items and the items it's 'revoking' aren't actually revoking anymore (as the items remaining doesn't increase again). It seems like the items are just being dropped and aren't going to the user inventory OR back into the limited edition supply

0 Likes 0 ·

Also, just saw that API Release Notes: 190717 was released in the News section so I assume there was a change in this release that has broken this functionality

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

I can reproduce this issue. We're following up with the team on a fix.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, I've managed to come up with a workaround in the mean time by manually moving each item individually but it's less than ideal and much slower but at least I can keep my users happy :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Cliff Cawley commented ·

We have identified and fixed the bug. Issues handling deleted character inventory should now be resolved.

1 Like 1 ·
Cliff Cawley avatar image Cliff Cawley Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, can confirm it's now fixed

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.