question

amazdeh-1 avatar image
amazdeh-1 asked

cannot connect to my unity server inside mockagent's container while it runs successfully and i can connect to none-containerized version as well,unity with multiplayer 2.0 local debugging (cannot connect to local container)

I'm trying to implement new multiplayer system with unity. I've successfully connected to my thunderhead server using mock agent without a container and can successfully run the server inside the containner. but when i try to connect to my game server inside the container, my connection attempts are not successful despite the fact that based on "docker ps" and "docker inspect" commands, my ports are mapped correctly.

Tried to do NetworkServer.Listen both on all NICs and specifically on 127.0.0.1 and none of the worked. a client inside the container can connect to the server and based on logs i don't have any specific exceptions ...

I cannot connect to your own unity sample inside GSDK either and yes I'm using the unity package inside the GSDK.
Here is a link to my project source code and multiplayersettings.json
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuM0bylQ2nkzgsdUXyZxkFsGBtPPGg

I'm trying to implement new multiplayer system with unity. I've successfully connected to my thunderhead server using mock agent without a container and can successfully run the server inside the containner. but when i try to connect to my game server inside the container, my connection attempts are not successful despite the fact that based on "docker ps" and "docker inspect" commands, my ports are mapped correctly.
Tried to do NetworkServer.Listen both on all NICs and specifically on 127.0.0.1 and none of the worked. a client inside the container can connect to the server and based on logs i don't have any specific exceptions ...

I cannot connect to your own unity sample inside GSDK either and yes I'm using the unity package inside the GSDK.
Here is a link to my project source code and multiplayersettings.json
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuM0bylQ2nkzgsdUXyZxkFsGBtPPGg

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

We had this same issue, although actually uploading our builds to thunderhead works and the issue seems to only exist inside the local docker container

0 Likes 0 ·
amazdeh-1 avatar image amazdeh-1 commented ·

I can connect to and use actual servers on multiplay connected to my match maker beautifully.
This service unlike playfab's old system considers real implications of deploying and keeps exes running on standbye which makes it super quick.

On the previous system we implemented a custom match maker for having most of the features which the new match maker has (keep servers running before players request them and rules which are dynamic and change their criteria over time) on Orleans.

It is fantastic.
To not miss the main point, @playfab devs please check the docker image or anything else related to the gaent regarding running a game on a udp port and connecting to it.
My code or i guess even your own sample can be used for troubleshooting. I added a few calls to my code and it works well with the actual match maker.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang amazdeh-1 commented ·

We'll inform our product team to investigate it.

1 Like 1 ·
amazdeh-1 avatar image amazdeh-1 Sarah Zhang commented ·

Thanks. Having the ability to run the agent successfully in containerized mode locally is very helpful so resolving this will be a big help. It will allow us to test integrations without uploading.

Also currently the list of players at least in the unity API is empty when read using the SDK. I don't know if i should raise issues in the gsdk GitHub repo or here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

@amazdeh-1 Please check your shared code, and make sure there is no any private information there.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.