question

degahr avatar image
degahr asked

Can't CreateBuildWithManagedContainer NorthEuopre Region

Hello there.

I am playing around with the PlayFab API, trying to make a build with a managed container.

I've successfully created multiple builds using regionConfigurations for WestUs and EastUs...
But for some reason I can't create it using NorthEurope.
Is this some configuration I have to set up, or is it a preview thing?, I'm on Indie Tier

My Post:

{
  "StartMultiplayerServerCommand": "C:\\Assets\\gameserver.exe -startserver",
  "GameAssetReferences": [
    {
      "FileName": "gameserver.zip",
      "MountPath": "C:\\Asset\\"
    }
  ],
  "ContainerFlavor": "ManagedWindowsServerCore",
  "BuildName": "BuildName",
  "VmSize": "Standard_D2_v2",
  "MultiplayerServerCountPerVm": 1,
  "Ports": [
    {
      "Name": "PORT",
      "Num": 1234,
      "Protocol": "TCP"
    }
  ]
  "RegionConfigurations": [
    {
      "Region": "NorthEurope",
      "MaxServers": 1,
      "StandbyServers": 0
    }
  ]
}
My Response:

{
    "code": 400,
    "status": "BadRequest",
    "error": "MultiplayerServerTitleQuotaCoresExceeded",
    "errorCode": 1445,
    "errorMessage": "The title has exceeded its multiplayer quota cores - TitleQuotaCoresExceeded - The deploymentRegionConfig for this deployment specifies a pool configuration ceiling value of 1 servers, for VM SKU Standard_D2_v2, with 1 servers per VM, (which in cores amounts to: 2). This, added to our current core usage 0 exceeds the given coreValue (0) in region (NorthEurope)."
} 
apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

Only EastUs and WestUs are available for the Indie tier unless you're paying for other regions

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

degahr avatar image degahr commented ·

Thanks for the answer. Can you link to the documentation where this is written?

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com degahr commented ·

@degahr https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/multiplayer-servers-2.0/identifying-and-increasing-core-limits

"By default, indie, pro, and enterprise customers have limits set to 16 Av2 cores and 8 Dv2 cores split in East US and West US.

Contact PlayFab Support to gain access to additional compute series, regions, or limit increases."

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.