question

Julius Hipolito avatar image
Julius Hipolito asked

Cross Platform Login Session Ticket Validation

Just to confirm, calling LoginWithPSN / LoginWithXbox / LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId / LoginWithPlayFab / LoginWithSteam all linked to the same PlayFab account would *not* invalidate previous Session Tickets?

We would be required to handle simutaneous logins via CloudScript and user data checking as described in other posts?

"How to prevent duplicate login?"

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Login related API calls will always generate a new session ticket while the previous one will not be expired. If you want to login into 3rd party platform without changing previous Session Tickets, take Facebook as an example, after PlayFab account is logged in and access token from Facebook has been received, you can call LinkFacebookAccount to access Facebook related features.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Julius Hipolito avatar image Julius Hipolito commented ·

Sorry, I should have provided more context. What we would like confirmation on is if Login calls linked to the same PlayFab account coming from different platforms would invalidate session tickets made by other platforms that came before.

What we would like to validate, given the flow below, should we expect previous logins from Xbox and PSN session tickets to be invalidated when Steam login is called?

*Assume the same PlayFab account is linked with all platforms.

1. User logs into PSN with LoginWithPSN - keeps title running.
  2. User logs into Xbox with LoginWithXbox - keeps title running.
  3. User logs into Steam with LoginWithSteam - keeps title running.
0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Julius Hipolito commented ·

(deleted)

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Sorry if there is any confusion in my previous replies. I have double checked with my team, it seems this behavior is intentional, even though the session tickets on both sides are different.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.