question

prasannamcad avatar image
prasannamcad asked

Facebook instant game chat bot

I want to send a message to the facebook messenger when the user leaves the game. couldn't find the correct guideline, how to do it. i need help

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Greetings,

Would you be able to provide more information on what actions would qualify as the user leaving the game? Would this mean that the user is closing the application? Or signing out of their account?

This clarification will determine how the desired behavior can be implemented.

0 Likes 0 ·
prasannamcad avatar image prasannamcad commented ·

I need to send a message when user leaving the application

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Unfortunately, PlayFab doesn't provide an API to communicate with Facebook messenger, you can make a Feature Request for Facebook Messenger integration.

But PlayFab does provide an event called client_focus_change, it is possible to create a rule that Executes a Cloudscript that makes an POST request to Facebook's Messenging API . This forum post contains an example POST request in Cloudscript.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.