question

Talha avatar image
Talha asked

formula for Recharge rate?

What is the formula for recharge rate?

Scenario: gold coins

i know if value is 24 it means 1 gold coin per hour.

what is the mathematical formula tho?

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Rename the following variables:

Gold coin: G

Recharge maximum: M

Recharge Rate: R

Time: T (define 1 day to be 1, then 1 day = 24 hours = 1440 minutes... )

here's the formula:

G += R / T, (G < M)

G = G, (G >= M)

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Talha avatar image Talha commented ·

I dont get it. How do you calculate for {35 coins per 4 hours}.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Talha commented ·

T represents time granularity here, for example, if you want to calculate how much coins to regenerate every 4 hours, them T = 24/4 = 6.

So,

R / T = 210 / 6 = 35 coins per 4 hours

1 Like 1 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Talha commented ·

As the doc mentioned "Virtual Currency that is granted to the player via a Recharge Rate is granted to them gradually and is evenly distributed over a 24 hour period". It means that the value of recharge rate is distributed within 24 hour and it is counted via seconds.

For example:

• 35 coins per 4 hours

We should say the charge rate is 210 coins/day, which equal to 0.145833... coins/min. Then let 1/0.145833... ≈ 6.85714... min/coins. It means every 6.85714...mins will recharge 1 coin.

One minimun unit of VC is 1 and one minimun unit of time in PlayFab is 1 second. if the recharge rate is smaller than 1 unit/second, it will wait and accumulate untill equal to or larger than 1 unit.

Another example:

• 2400 coins per day

It equals to 1.66666... coins/min, which means 36 second/coin. hence, every around 36 seconds, the VC will increase by 1.

The main idea is "gradually and evenly".

1 Like 1 ·
Talha avatar image Talha Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I just want to show my appreciation. Man you guys are awesome. What a platform. the things like logins, leaderboards, receipt validation for IAP, Automation, segmentation. What a Platform!!

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.