question

kamyker avatar image
kamyker asked

[Bug] Browsing player on the website breaks his playfab

I've noticed pretty weird bug. So far it happened 2 times.

First time when I changed user virtual currency, his next call to custom Cloud Script didn't do what it suppose to.

Second time was even worse, new player made an account, I've opened his profile in the dashboard and forgot to close it. In the next 3 mins this user reports to me that his tutorial never ends - what happened is his title data (tutorial_finished: true) was not changing. This is the one and only user that had this issue since game released so it makes me believe that there wasn't a problem in my code.

This issue also made opening player PlayStream scary as there is a chance that something will break.

I will try to test it myself to find a way to reproduce this bug if I find some free time.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you please provide your Title ID and the Player ID who had this issue? Please provide some detailed reproduced steps if you can. So we can investigate it. Thanks.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kamyker avatar image kamyker commented ·

Sure
Title FB3
Player 91945B83253FCB5

I think I added item to the player inventory and left his profile open. He was streaming at
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/447341604?t=08h31m36s

You can also see me in the audit history correcting his title values that suppose to be changed by custom cloud script on Jul 3, 2019 5:35 AM

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang kamyker commented ·

We searched events history that on July 3, 2019, of this player, we can see he logged in, his EP changed some times, some cloud script functions were executed. But we still feel confused about which function should be executed on which Timestamp. What would the process be if it’s successful? Which function supposed to be executed? Could you please provide more details?

We also did some tests in the test Title according to the reproduced steps, and we can’t reproduce this issue. In theory, opening players’ page doesn’t affect the execution of CloudScript. It should not be the cause of this problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.