question

Chris Roberts avatar image
Chris Roberts asked

Notification of Title Data Update

Currently I am working with UE4 Blueprints on a PC and I am trying to figure out if there is a way to have a notification sent to my UE4 client letting it know that Title Data has changed and needs to be updated. This won't happen very often but when a change is made to a Title Data field the client needs to know immediately. I've been looking at push notifications which is what I thought it would be under but those are for Android and IOS.

Basically, if I change a Title Data value from 0 to 1 the UE4 client needs to know it has changed without having to constantly poll PlayFab every second.

Is this functionality available in Essentials Tier?

Thanks!

Push NotificationsTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

PlayFab doesn’t natively support the notification service on PC. Which notification service you can use depends on the platforms of your games. For example, UWP apps support sending notifications to customers. You can look for a similar third-party service about PC notifications.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chris Roberts avatar image Chris Roberts commented ·

Ah ok, thank you for the info. I was just hoping that since a connection to Playfab was being made from UE4 that the connection would be persistent for the session and that 2-way communication would be possible so that when an update to a data field on PlayFab was made it could be sent to UE4 to update a variable on the fly. I just hate having to poll PlayFab and driving up the API calls for no good reason.

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com Chris Roberts commented ·

You might wanna check out PlayFab PubSub and see if you can sign up for the queue for private preview

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Chris Roberts commented ·

If you want to find a system that can push information in real time. You can check the doc PlayFab PubSub, this feature is currently in Private Preview. If you are in Pro or Enterprise tier, you can contact us at helloplayfab@microsoft.com to request this feature. If you are in Essentials Tier now, please keep an eye on our blog.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.