question

Talha avatar image
Talha asked

Linking accounts create orphan accounts.

Hi, So been developing in unity.

this is the problem. I can so far login using android device id then login using facebook.

in facebookSuccessCallBack i am calling LinkFacebookID and in LinkFacebookIDCallBack I am calling LinkAndroidID.

doing this links my facebook account and android account. but the android accounts goes orphan. there are no accounts linked in that android account.

By doing this i can login using facebook on different phones. i just wanted to know is that normal? do we need to worry about these orphan accounts?

Account Managementandroid
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

First of all, PlayFab will not charge you extra for those orphan accounts and if you still have concerns, you can set segments for those players and delete them via Cloud Script.

Device ID, Facebook ID are the identities of a PlayFab Player Account and if you unlinked all the identity of a player account, users will not be able to login in as there is no Client API for it. It is normal. When a user start to play the game, there should be several ways to login for example, guest login, login with Facebook, login with Google and etc. It goes without saying, with Facebook, Google accounts, they are able to access their old, existing accounts. But if they use guest login and you have designed that it is via Device ID, when they switch phones, there will always be newly created account. Orphan Accounts cannot be avoided unless you write a strict registration process but this may have negative effects on players’ login experiences.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Talha avatar image Talha commented ·

Thankyou, my concern is resolved. But correct me if i am wrong. If we link an account with facebook

scenario: (deviceID1 and FBID1 linked) and (DeviceID2 and FBID1 linked)

these are two different accounts right?

like they have different stats etc. If we need to point two devices to same account, we need to call getcombineduserinfo and get the specific deviceID and use that to connect two devices to same account. is that right?

so far what iam doing is like in said scenario. But i am not sure if it creates only one account or two accounts.even if it creates two accounts, do both accounts have the same stats and data?

0 Likes 0 ·
Talha avatar image Talha commented ·

One more question : If we are calling getusercombinedinfo function. Will the client have access to the Stats? will the client be able to see all the stats declared?

result.InfoResultPayload.PlayerStatistics

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

>>scenario: (deviceID1 and FBID1 linked) and (DeviceID2 and FBID1 linked)

If you are talking about these 2 accounts exist at the same time, it is impossible. When you try to link DBID1 to DeviceID2, you will get error message. you need to unlink FBID1 for deviceID1 first.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.