question

chris-3 avatar image
chris-3 asked

Dashboard changes?

I've noticed a series of changes happening to the playfab dashboard. Changes to automation pages, cloudscript testing on individual players, etc. It's lead to pages seemingly going missing. Requiring going back to the Project selection page and folllowing links to get to the new page (sometimes multiple times as we wait for the change to filter out to everywhere I guess).

I understand changes are to improve things for the future but wondered if there was a place to follow the changes. At the moment, I'm seeing the following problems:

1. Cloudscript version selector sometimes fails to sort (on the player cloudscript page and the new revisions page - formerly the functions page).
2. Event History searches don't work as they used to.
3. Event History for a single player will sometimes show multiple players in the event history.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

If you want to follow the changes. You can navigate to this link https://status.playfab.com/history, click [SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATE] to subscribe changes.

For these three problems, could you please provide more detailed information to help us investigate them.

1. Do you use GitHub with CloudScript?

2. How did the event history search work before? What are your expected behavior and actual behavior?

3. How did you target one player's event history? For example, search for his PlayFabId?

Could you provide some possible steps to reproduce these problems? Thanks.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chris-3 avatar image chris-3 commented ·

1. No I don't use github. It's usually just me editing the script and I version control elsewhere.

2. Any use of AND OR fails for me now. Only single item searches fail. For example searching for failed calls to certain function in the cloudscript. How would I do that now?

3. Select a current player to open their page, click on Event History. Now sometimes (often) you get data from several players in their event history.

I am subscribed, I see a lot of multiplayer servers down, etc. Don't see much about the updates to the dashboard and known problems with it. Go look for yourself, there is a single entry about latency on search and event history from May. There is nothing there about updating the dashboard..

the change from a single page for the cloudscript upload and monitoring to two pages to the currently named Overview and Revisions page. Where are these update notes?

While we're at it the Event History itself seems to be delayed longer than it used to.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang chris-3 commented ·

I'm sorry. If you want to check the changes of Game Manager, there is a drop-down arrow in the upper right corner of the Game Manger page. Click this arrow and click the [News]. Please refer to the following screen shot if you can see.

We tested these three problems in our own test Title, and the search query is really different than before. We are not sure if it is an issue now, because I noticed that the SAMPLE QUERIES also has some changes. We are investigating it. 1 and 3 can't be reproduced temporarily. Could you give some more detailed information about 1? Did you upload you revision or edit it in the web page directly and save it? And could you please provide your TitleId? So we can investigate, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
tempsnip01.png (10.2 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.