question

Jia-Ho Jian avatar image
Jia-Ho Jian asked

How to save multiple save files?

Hi,

I am using PlayFab with Unity. I want my game to be able to save multiple game progresses to PlayFab, but I can't a way to do this.

I noticed that Player Data can only save one game progress.

How can we save multiple game progresses using PlayFab?

For example, I have a class like so:

public class GameProgress{
    public int level;
    public List<int> itemState;
}

If player has ten GameProgress that need to be saved to PlayFab, how can we achieve that?

There are only "Player Data", "Read Only Data" and "Internal Data" in the Player Data (Title).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jia-Ho Jian avatar image Jia-Ho Jian commented ·

I just found that we can store the entire data of a GameProgress in terms of Json with a single key, so my problem has been resolved. I thought that we have to store the properties of GameProgress with keys one by one, it turns out that we can convert the entire instance of a GameProgress into Json and store it with just a single key.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
dosinis avatar image
dosinis answered

Hey! Could you share your experience how to store JSON file to playfab servers ? :) I've only found that it's possible to do by saving disctionary

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.