question

Christopher J. Brasino avatar image
Christopher J. Brasino asked

Turn based multiplayer card game

Hi All,

Im looking at playfab as a solution in place of gamesparks (my current solution). Im trying to create a turn based multiplayer game that has a deck of cards and hands that the backend manages securely to help prevent cheating. I will also need league based matchmaking. Im a little confused as to what I should be building this with. Should I be using photon? Or should I be using thunderhead? Are there any examples of this being done? A lot of this stuff still seems under construction and documentation/tutorials seem lacking. If anyone could point me in the way of resources that could help me figure out what to use for this that would be great!

photongame managerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

I'm not so familiar with photon. As far as I know. If you don't have any sever programming experience. Maybe it will be easy to begin. But if you want more customized features. Thunderhead will be better, however you should write custom servers by yourself if you want to use Thunderhead. There are not many examples of this. At the end of this doc, you can find a sample of it.

About Matchmaking, you can check this doc MatchMaking to learn about this new feature in PlayFab. It is currently in public preview. This feature is an upgrade to PlayFab’s existing matchmaker and uses the proven capabilities of Xbox Live’s SmartMatch.

About Thunderhead, you can check this doc for more, although tutorials are lacking. We will enrich it.

Photon is also supported in PlayFab, and you can check this doc for more.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.