question

seed.of.apricot avatar image
seed.of.apricot asked

Signin as Azure AD / AD B2C user

I have come to this platform recently and now getting around the features. Currently, I have an Azure AD B2C tenant that runs my web app and web api for multiplayer experience. Then, I like to let users sign in to playfab with their credentials used for the tenant.

So far I have found that playfab can deal with OpenID connect, so would I need to set my B2C tenant as an OpenID connect identity provider and configure the connection in the play fab settings? Is it correct? Or is there / will there be soon an easier way to get it done? It'd be much more beneficial if a tenant and playfab title have such an association.

I have came into this platform recently and getting around the features right now.

Currently, I manage an Azure AD B2C tenant, which runs web app and web api for multiplayer experience, and I like to let users there sign in to playfab to send their stats, make a multiplayer room and so on.

So far, I have found that playfab can deal with OpenID connect authentication. Then would I need to get my tenant be an OpenID connect identity provider and configure the authentication (e.g., application id, secret) in the portal? Or is there an easier way to arrange the connection of users?

Authentication
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

seed.of.apricot avatar image seed.of.apricot commented ·

Something went wrong and my draft (the latter section) had been deleted but was still alive... Please ignore it.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

In fact, we have received some feedback about sign in as Azure AD / AD B2C user but there is no ETA about it. It will be appreciated that you send a thread on our Feature Requests Forum if there is no existing one.

Besides, you are able to configure Open ID connection. I am not familiar with Azure side but you can refer to Andy’s reply on this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/26675/openid-documentation.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.