question

najidbaig avatar image
najidbaig asked

(UE4) Thunderhead Server State: TooManyServerRestarts

Hi, I've uploaded my server build to Multiplayer 2.0 (Thunderhead). After deploying, under the Virtual Machines tab, the State and HealthStatus remains "TooManyServerRestarts". Can someone tell why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

When you test your server with the Mock VM, does this happen as well?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

The error indicates that the server is crashing or exiting prematurely. There can be a problem in the server startup code. You should attempt to get their server running in the MockVMAgent. More than likely, if RunInContainer is enabled, it will also reproduce the behavior.

You can provide your title ID if you still have this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
najidbaig avatar image najidbaig Seth Du ♦ commented ·

My title ID is 2EB22. I used MockVmAgent but even after running the server, it keeps waiting for server heartbeats. Using PlayFab ue4 marketplace plugin. Couldn't find any documentation related to Multiplayer 2.0 for UE4.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Benjamin Bennett avatar image
Benjamin Bennett answered

Hello,

Did you ever figure out a solution to this issue?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

najidbaig avatar image najidbaig commented ·

Our team decided to use a different cloud provider due to lack of documentation with UE4. But it was probably due to lack of proper gsdk integration. The Playfab plugin on the UE4 marketplace does not include gsdk. GSDK for dedicated server build needs to be integrated separately which is available on github. The cpp version of the gsdk needs to be built and then added to ue4 as a third-party library. There's also a couple functions that needs to be called by the game's server build on game start to allow players to connect.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.