question

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb asked

C#/UWP: Friend-confirmation

Hi there,

I know there had been many questions regarding the topic. But unfortunately one thing is still unclear to me:

How can I add a friend to both players' lists?

Eg if players A adds player B to his list, player B does not know anything about player A, so how B add A to his list???

Many thanks for your hints.

Best wishes,

Michael

Friendswindows
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It is true that adding friends is one-way on PlayFab and I think the work around for now is to implement the adding-friend system on Cloud Script.

However, to avoid abusive use from users, you may need to add an invitation/acceptance system in your client, which is not easy to implement. There is no native-supported feature of it and you may use Player Read-Only Data to craft one. Write inviter ID and invitee ID into a player data and player clicks Accept/Decline button will execute Cloud Script functions to add friends for both sides or simply delete this invitation entry.

In addition, pushing an invitation message to a target player is only supported in the form of Push Notification or sending email for now, which is like what I have mentioned - not easy to get this friend system practical, however, you may be interested in the Private Preview feature PubSub. This is a feature that meets your requirement and if you are interested in trying it, please contact us at helloplayfab@microsoft.com.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.