question

Jake avatar image
Jake asked

Push notification for AB test Segment went out to all Players

Hey, just ran into and issue.

I used a task to send out a push notification to a segment of users that were in an AB test. But for some reason the notification went out to every player.

I looked at the Task Instance details and in the parameters it says "[Deleted]" next to the segment id.

{
    "SegmentId": "2050ED5827B53381 [Deleted]",
    "ActionId": "A985D6D0CB73EDED"
}

The AB test is still running and that is the segment Id that is for the bucket I wanted to send to, so not sure why it would be deleted?

Any thoughts on what happened? Or how I can send to a group of users by test bucket?

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can refer to this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/16199/problem-with-daily-challenge-reset.html. It seems the same error that SegmentId is marked as Deleted. If you still have issues, please share the TitleId and we will investigate it.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jake avatar image Jake commented ·

That seems like they were having the opposite issue from me. The problem I am facing is that the task was run on ALL players instead of on the segment.

My TitleId is: 713F0

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Jake commented ·

Sorry for my mistake. Actually A/B testing segments don’t support being selected as a segment in the Edit Scheduled Task page now. The Admin/API GetPlayersInSegment also doesn’t support A/B testing segment now. I’ve checked your Title. The task was truly completed successfully even though there was a [Deleted] after the SegmentId. After testing this feature in my own Title, I found the [Deleted] is always there, and it won't take real effects. The description about the use of A/B test is in this doc, under the title How PlayFab Supports A/B Testing. Actually you can only find tutorials of A/B testing with Stores and test buckets and A/B testing with Title data. You can check the second tutorial if you want to build your own solution with A/B testing. It will be more complicated than using it in tasks directly and need to write CloudScript. Sorry again for it confused you. It should be an issue that A/B Testing Segments appear in the drop-down list of Segment in the Edit Scheduled Task page. We will inform product team to investigate it.

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen Sarah Zhang commented ·

The issue that A/B Testing Segments appear in the drop-down list of Segment in the Edit Scheduled Task page has been fixed

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.