question

TANGUY MADEC avatar image
TANGUY MADEC asked

unable to join server running within a container(MockAgent)

I plan to use Playfab multiplayer 2.0 on my game using Unreal. I built a game server with the C++ GSDK in it and when I verify the GSDK integration everything is fine and in the active state I can join the server with the game client.

Then when I try to verify containerization, First I add a problem with missing dlls but now the server seems to execute well. The only problem is I can't join the server with the client( with Open 127.0.0.1:56100). I don't really know how to debug that, there is no error on the server side and on the client.

Any Idea what could block the client connection? Something to do with unreal maybe? the only thing I did was calling Start(), the shutdown callback and ReadyForPlayers() on the server then trying to connect with the client using Open IP:Port.

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Did you add any logs in your server? You may need to check the logs to know what happens in your server. Besides, if there is no error on the server side and on the client, how did you know the client didn't connect to server?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

TANGUY MADEC avatar image TANGUY MADEC commented ·

I have some logs on the GSDK function start,readyforplayers and onshutdown. Is there a function called when a client connect? I will try to had more logs on the game server to see if a client try to connect.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ TANGUY MADEC commented ·

I'm not familiar with Unreal so not sure which function should be used. But it's up to you to write the logs. GSDK does not know if the client has connected, you need to use Unreal's functions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.