question

Daniel González avatar image
Daniel González asked

NOT operator in Segments filter

I was trying to make a segment of users who didn't link their accounts to any of my game's login providers.

I know I could hack it using tags, but It seems as easy as doing a filter like this:

(NOT Linked user account to Facebook) AND (NOT Linked user account to GooglePlay)

In fact, it could be useful to use the same queries that are available on Players search.

Now we can only use AND and OR operators (in a very restrictive way).

I think the NOT operator could be a really nice addition.

Player Dataanalytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Yes, segment field doesn’t support NOT operator now. You can add Player Tags in bulk via CloudScript if you want. If you feel it’s necessary to add NOT operator to segment field. You can add a feature request about it.

A little supplement, you can use NOT operator when you do Players search. For example the query sentence NOT "Steam" AND NOT "Facebook" means do a search for Players who have not logged with Steam and have not logged with Facebook.

But nested properties cannot be directly searched. This includes: AdCampaignAttributions, PushNotificationRegistrations, LinkedAccounts, PlayerStatistics, Statistics. So linked accounts can’t be searched directly. Maybe it should be noticed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.