question

HDUmi avatar image
HDUmi asked

ALLOW CLIENT ACCESS TO PROFILE PROPERTIES

Hi Playfab Supporter,

In the past, I have read some advice for members from PlayFab Team. That is:

Don't enable Statistics: ALLOW CLIENT ACCESS TO PROFILE PROPERTIES Instead, use GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer to get the data from the Statistics needed. But one thing I wonder about is that I need about 20 values of Statistics. So I will have to run 20 times the function GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer because there are 20 values

So what is the best. I should turn on the Statistics feature in the Client Profile Options or use GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer.

Player DataLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, you can enable ALLOW CLIENT ACCESS TO PROFILE PROPERTIES, and it should be safe as long as you disallow client to post player statistics. However, you should consider that all the statistics of a player will be exposed to other players and it isn’t like Player Data that can set Private or Public.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

HDUmi avatar image HDUmi commented ·

Yes. But if they use Get LeaderboardAroundPlayer many times. They will still receive all Statistics

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ HDUmi commented ·

Indeed, even though it will take long and too frequent calls will cause error.

1 Like 1 ·
HDUmi avatar image HDUmi commented ·

Yes. So what is the best solution? Can you guide me?

I see the following cases:

- I turn on the Allow Client feature to read Statistics data at Client Api Option.

- I use GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer: But must repeat 20-30 times for each course Statistics.

- Use Cloudscript to write Statistics data to User Read Only Data. Then, người dùng đọc dữ liệu từ UserReadOnlydata

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.